Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it alright to use a pressure washer on a snowmobile engine? Will It ruin the electronics? Also how much does an all out shock rebuild cost, (fronts and back shock).
They are fox shocks.
thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
To answer your questions... A pressure washer is ok to use on a snowmobile engine. It wont hurt it, as long as you check to make sure you didnt blow any wires off before you start it. Watch how close you come to certain components of the engine and it should be fine.

second question... A shock rebuild on the back and front with fox could turn out to be very pricey. If you know what your doing and can do mostof it or all of it your self then i say go for it. If you dont have the resources and have to go to a shop i would take the alternative and buy new ones. Depending on the mechanic i guess. If it can be done right i would go for it. what kind of snowmobile are you ridng with them shocks?

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
A guy here charges $25 per shock for Fox Shocks rebuild. $100 for the whole sled, if you bring him the shocks.

At least that's what he used to charge.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]A guy here charges $25 per shock for Fox Shocks rebuild.
That is what they charge around here.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i would like to meet your mechanics![:D]

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The $25 that they are talking about would be for a recharge. That would be changing the oil and recharging the nitrogen. A rebuild includes replacing the seals, o-rings and wipers. A complete rebuild kit alone is $20. That is cap seals,o-rings and wipers. A service kit which is o-rings and bearing cap seals is about $8

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Er yeah, I do believe I mean recharge. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know my shop charges $75 a shock for a complete rebuild, and that includes all parts and labour if you bring the shock in. You usually can't buy a rebuildable, or tuneable shock for that price. $300 sounds like a lot, but you can't replace them for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts