Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over this before with you guys but I just have one question, I'm going to take a look at an 03 rev 600 HO in Buffalo on the weekend and I know how you have to call customs within (48?) hours before so they can run it through. What if I end up not picking up the sled? (Whether it be damaged, broken, etc.)

Do I just come back with nothing and they will be okay with it? Or do I have to look at it and then another weeked when I'm back in Buffalo pick it up (and call customs then)?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Go look at it...

If you buy it, when you arrive at the border going home, and they ask you if you have anything to declare, you tell them "yes, I just bought this sled", and they will direct you to the customs office to deal with it.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You could always call them and ask and be like: hi I was considering going and buying a snowmobile in the united states and I was wondering if I do decide to buy it what do I need to get to move this sled through without any trouble?

That's how I'd do it anyways if I wasn't sure. Poo kids idea also sounds ok too.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Call ahead and ask customs just incase, so you won't be sitting at the border longer than you have to.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If we drive back on Saturday night then we usually are going through at around 10:30 and still have 2.5 hours of driving. My parents won't want to do that. But I'll ask them anyways, if not then I'll have to pick it up another time.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
you can keep it at my house...so the guy doesnt sell it on you if you love it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts