Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, i'm new to these forums as far as postin goes, but i've been following up on them for riding conditions and everyone's custom sleds for some time now. I Got an ACT piggy back clicker shock, and an on-the-go adjustable forward shock in the rear suspension for my 1999 ZL 500, i love the sled, i'm just ready for a new ride and i would like to challenge some of the bigger bumps. If anyone knows how i would mount the bottles of the shocks on the suspension i would appriciate some pictures or website adresses with the information. Thankyou, and i've posted pictures of my setup. i got them this morning for christmas from my parents and it will be the first big upgrade i've done to my sled, me and my dad just need a little guidance as to how to put them on the sled.

[attachment=53557] [attachment=53559]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
The piggyback shock should just bolt in as a replacement for your rear skid shock. The clicker on the other hand, may require more work. The adjuster mounts directly in front of the handlebars. The line runs through the console and down behind the secondary clutch. The line from the shock runs up along the front skid mounts, and through a hole in the tunnel to connect with the adjuster. You may have to drill; on sleds with these shocks the hole is behind and below the secondary clutch. As long as the line is nowhere it can be ripped apart by drive components, you should be ok. The resivoir for the clicker mounts in the front of the skid.

Hopefully that slight description works for you. Here are a couple pics I snapped.

Oh, and welcome to the forum; hope you enjoy your stay.

[attachment=53562]
[attachment=53563]
[attachment=53564]
[attachment=53565]

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey quinlan, thanks for the help. that should help us out with this, we were mostly just wondering where the routing of the line would be for the front, and where we would put the bottle. we appriciate the help, now on that last picture that is where the bottle goes for the front shock right? on the spindle inbetween them. thanks for the help though i appriciate it and would also like more information like do i need to put a spring on the front skid shock?

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Yes, the last picture is the resivoir for the front shock. It has a mount on that front crossmember of the skid.

Yes, you need a spring on the front shock. It appears that with the spring, you will also need the upper and lower spring retainers. Those are only a few bucks at your local dealer. As for the spring itself, you may be able to get by using your current spring on your current shock, but I am not quite positive. If not, it can again be purchased at a dealer.

I'm headed out for Christmas Dinner soon, but I will be more than happy to help you out and snap any pictures if need be when I get back this afternoon...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, i appriciate it, and this has helped us a great deal. i love the fast response of users on this forum, even on christmas day too! well, we're gonna go look at the suspension. the sled itself is upnorth in storage, we live in michigan so we just store them up there. we have another suspension the same that's in my sled, in our garage though, so we are going to put the shocks on that, then just do a full suspension swap, to save time and energy.we have also ordered the other parts needed for the shocks and a new spring for it since we are unsure the stock ones would fit. well as i said, i appriciate it, and have a nice christmas day.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
No problem doomer. That's what we are here for. Have a nice Christmas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts