Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 polaris xlt and a bolt snapped off in the drive axle. Now I pulled the axle out since I dont have access to a right angle drill(to drill and easy out the bolt). and I have a spare shaft i was going to put in. My question is how many clogs do you need to run? My spare shaft has only 2 in the center. and the shaft I pulled out has 2 in the center and 1 on each side. Now if I need to run 4 clogs how do i get the ones off my old shaft and put them on my new shaft?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
The cogs need to be pressed on and off. If your new driveshaft only has 2 drivers on it maybe it's aftermarket and doesn't require all 4. Can you take a picture?
There are aftermarket drivers that only require 2 drivers and allow you to run the track with alot less tension. First you need to figure out which drivers are on the new driveshaft.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Different sleds came from the factory with either 2 or 4 drivers. 4 is usually for higher powered sleds. If it was me, and i couldn't get the bolt out of the other shaft, i would run the two driver shaft that way. just make sure it has the same length, splines, everything! Probably still better off with getting the old bolt out. drill all the way thru it with as big of a bit as you can to release the tension before you use an easy out. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
clogs are what the dutch wear as shoes, apparently pretty comfy! He means Cogs, not clogs. If it was me i would work on getting the insert out and using the 4 cog drive, 2 cog was for the low hp sleds. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts