Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 zl 600 , clutch wont engage untill around 5000 rpm. is something broke or do i need an adjustment.

·
Registered
837 Posts
did you just get this sled, because some are set up that way, or did this problem just start to happen, maybe one of the wieghts broke

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had a 98 ZL 500 and a 99 ZL 600 EFI. Both engaged at 5K stock. I had the shop change the drive clutch springs to an Orange, if memory serves. Much, much better. Around 4K engagement with that spring...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just got the sled so i don't know if this is how it has always been. it has a yellow spring now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yep, believe that is the stock spring. Check with a dealer, but I think it's the Orange spring that was much more "normal" for all-around riding... Made a HUGE difference in both the sleds I had...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like your clutch might be binding a little. How many miles are on the sled? Has it (clutch) ever been looked over? The bushings do wear and cause the clutch to bind raising engagement and snaps hard when it does. Just a thought, but normal engagement is 4500-4800 on that sled stock. You might want to check the condition of your belt as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts