Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I need to align my clutches. I just did a motor swap and tested it and my belt is dragging on the clutch.

They are pretty expensive. Anyone know the dimensions of one so I can make one?

96 ZRT 600 motor in a 97 ZRT 600 chassis.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
You shouldn't need an allignment tool, you can measure the center to center distance between the clutch bolts. I don't remember it off hand, after I get home tonight I can check if nobody gets to it before me.

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Well there is a tool that I want to use to do it right. Its so far off right now that the sled tries to move sitting still. There is drag on the primary touching the belt so its a PAIN to start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
center to center measurement is fine to eliminate your creep from being to far apart . the only thing u really need the tool for is side to side and angular misalingment .

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use a yardstick and tape measure for alignment. Put the yardstick in the primary and on top of the secondary and use the tape to measure from the edge of the yardstick to the required distance for the secondary.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check for parallelism first. By the way, your specifications are Center to Center 30.9cm or 12.2" with an offset of 34.67mm or 1.365".

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use a yardstick and tape measure for alignment. Put the yardstick in the primary and on top of the secondary and use the tape to measure from the edge of the yardstick to the required distance for the secondary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts