Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on my xc 700 we just cleaned the clutches and had both off..and out back on now how can i tell if its not in line or should it have went right back into place. idk when i rap on it the motor twist just a little is that bad for the belt maybe any pointers i know i was told to get a torque arm but if i could get away with it i will

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Should have went back in just like before unless you moved any shims on the secondary, if you want to double check your alignment you need to get an alignment bar. Your going to get a little engine movement when you hit the throttle, the engine sits on rubber dampners. If it seems like a lot you might want to check into it

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Adjust the stock motor stop bumper snug up against the motor with NO gap, this is a tip straight from the GOD of XC knoledge known as POCKETS over on HCS, I run mine tight on my 98 with a SLP torque arm and have not blown a belt or broke a motor mount in years, I don't have a torque arm on our 99 but also run the torque stop tight and run it HARD on asphalt and have had no problems for the past 2 seasons, if you can afford to get the slp torque arm for the front clutch side it is a great investment and holds the motor in place and will help prolong belt life and overall efficiency.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also when i start it. it idle about 2200 rpms and then drops to maybe 1800 when it warms up i didnt know if this is to much or if its like this because of whats done to it

98700xc said:
Adjust the stock motor stop bumper snug up against the motor with NO gap, this is a tip straight from the GOD of XC knoledge known as POCKETS over on HCS, I run mine tight on my 98 with a SLP torque arm and have not blown a belt or broke a motor mount in years, I don't have a torque arm on our 99 but also run the torque stop tight and run it HARD on asphalt and have had no problems for the past 2 seasons, if you can afford to get the slp torque arm for the front clutch side it is a great investment and holds the motor in place and will help prolong belt life and overall efficiency.
alright im loveing the tips thanks very much

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
also when i start it. it idle about 2200 rpms and then drops to maybe 1800 when it warms up i didnt know if this is to much or if its like this because of whats done to it

98700xc said:
Idle RPM should be 1600 + or - 200 so your pretty close, you may have to adjust the idle once the cold weather comes around but I always shoot for a 1600 rpm idle and the 700 twins seem happy there.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
98700xc said:
teamarctic14 said:

98700xc said:
Idle RPM should be 1600 + or - 200 so your pretty close, you may have to adjust the idle once the cold weather comes around but I always shoot for a 1600 rpm idle and the 700 twins seem happy there.
so 2200 could be a bit much but 1800 should be fine..altho it is warm whether also right now but

1 - 7 of 7 Posts