Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 snopro 440 L/C and I have noticed that my primary and secondary clutches are not parallel, no good. How do I go about correcting this on this sled, which has the firecat chassis. I have looked but do not see a adjustable torque arm or anything of the sort.

· Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
First, I would check to see if your motor mounts are all good. If you ripped one out, it could offset your primary clutch as it is attached to the motor. If they are all good, they should be adjustable, or have adjusting shims. By adjusting them in the right places, you should be able to correct your clutch alignment. There may also be torque stops on the rear of the engine that can be adjusted, though you mentioned you did not see any.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quinlan said:
First, I would check to see if your motor mounts are all good. If you ripped one out, it could offset your primary clutch as it is attached to the motor. If they are all good, they should be adjustable, or have adjusting shims. By adjusting them in the right places, you should be able to correct your clutch alignment. There may also be torque stops on the rear of the engine that can be adjusted, though you mentioned you did not see any.
Yeah i have not seen any torque arm adjusters but you bring up a good point with the shims. I have looked at the motor mounts and they appear to look good but i may be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.