Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i got a 00 indy 500 with a rebuilt primary and secondary w/ a new belt and the spring on the second notch. The sled takes off at about 5 k and seems slugish untill you really get on the gas. The motor was just rebuilt top and bottom. I have not checked the belt deflection, but the belt is about 1/8th of an inch from the top of the secondary (i think thats where its supposed to be) . The guy before me did the primary and you can tell its all rebuilt, And i rebuilt the secondary. what do you guys think?

also just to learn... how do you adjust those three bolts on the seconary? i read to put a flat bar across the belt, and if it moves 1 1/4 inch, its good. But how can i adjust it with those three bolts?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Your belt should stick 1/8" above the secondary at rest. Deflection at 1 1/4". 5000 is high for a 500. Ours did well @ 4300. Need to know how the sled is set up for clutching, gearing, & jetting to give better info.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has a blue/white primary. Sorry but thats pretty much all i know about it to be honest. The gear is stock that i know of, and im not sure on jetting either. We just bought it about a month ago

·
Registered
161 Posts
how much clearence is there between the Primary clutch shieve and the belt? should be about .020" I've been told.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
look on the back of the helix for a number like r-36 or just a 36.
then write down the color of each spring, and with the belt off you can pry the primary closed to see what you have for weights. compare them to stock.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its 100% the secondary. I took the clutch off and put mine on and it takes off at around 4k now but it still feels a little slugish...maybe im just used to my 600. Ill check and see what it has for a helix when i get back on monday. I may just end up buying a new clutch for it and call it good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts