Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies to anyone who was offendend by my bashing Polaris. I thought I was only bashing my own. My problems with sled have really upset me. Oh well I will just keep complaining to my dog. Enuff said.

Anyway, again can anyone figure out why my clutch is chewing up belts and both the secondary and primary have been replaced and dealer adjusted several times. I also have chaincase noise. I am guessing they are related. Again two separate dealers are clueless...

If this still offends someone just remove me from the discussion forum..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is your chaincase noise kind of a high pitched whining noise? If so, your chain is too tight, back off your adjustment bolt. Take your chain off and see if there's any slop on either one of the gears, if there is then you've found your problem.
As far as your belt getting chewed, make sure your clutches are aligned properly. Also, grab ahold of your engine and pull it in different directions to see if any of your motor mounts are broken.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
good points, also check to see that a bearing isnt out on the jack shaft. if the belt is blowing you might also be clutched wrong, creating to much heat. make sure you are stock stuff and at the right rpm. try running it on a jack stand with the hood open, watch the cluttches shift in and out see how much the engine moves. also make sure that the secondary clutch can slide side to side a little bit. if not remove some of the shims so it can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH thanks.. I never thought about the motor mounts (don't think the dealer has either)!! I'll have to check that when I get home and I do remember some awkward vibrations from the motor (ha ha) this may be the problem.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Not only do you need to check the motor mounts but there is a Torque limiter stop on the clutch side motor mounts that limits engine twisting in the chassis under high load situations. Make sure this is adjusted properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts