Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about clutches but a buddy came over and just told me its shot.Do I need a both all new clutches or just parts.what do i need?and what do i need to do?
thanks

94 polaris xlt sks

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah umm I umm no? Did he say why they are "shot"? Worn springs? Worn Faces? Worn helix? Sorry there are lots of parts to a clutch and they don't usually all wear out to the point where you need a new clutch.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
We need a bit more info man, what exactly is "shot"

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
shot? i know your sled its an older one. he is prolly just jealous you have a kick a$$ sled. like sled dog said Worn springs? Worn Faces? Worn helix? Sorry there are lots of parts to a clutch and they don't usually all wear out to the point where you need a new clutch.

he is right and i dont think a clutch will be shot? most people have the clutch stop working and they replace it

well any one of the things that go out on them will make it stop working what do you think? does the sled perform like it always had? we need tons of answers cuz all the people tying to help will ask you the same things.

give us the sled info since youve owned it
what is your riding style
to tell you the truth your freind has very little knowlege of a sled the way it sounds to me but thinks he does.he may know some things but not all . im not trying to be mean but thats my opinion

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Did the clutch seeze, does it make a wierd noise, does it still engage, if so at how many RPM. Take pictures like zackattack said, but take some of the inside of the clutches if you no how to put it back together.

·
Registered
243 Posts
One other thing is to make sure we are talking about the primary clutch (the one off the engine). The secondary is fairly simple and you should be able to look at the slider buttons and decide if they need to be replaced. More info. and we'll have you fixed up in no time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forget everything i said before.im just gonna get a clutch kit and that should do it.whats a good kit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts