Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to get a clutch kit that halps me on the trails. i do about 60 percent on trails and i like to whip around conners and i am an aggresive rider. i am not looking to spent a lot of money but if it makes a big change then i might spent the money

·
Registered
584 Posts
I heard that the clutch kits made for this sleds really dont do much and clutching form the factory is pretty dead on. But im sure there is some increase to be found in clutching.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if there is not a big difference then i dont want to spend the money. thanks tug

·
Registered
454 Posts
You can always regear for more acceleration. Dont have the foggiest idea on what youd want for top or bottom gears.

·
Registered
584 Posts
"Here are the spec's given to me by a very respected tuner!

I have a slp intake kit, v-force reeds. For sure run 400 mains, needle middle clip. I would go to .9 long air jets, 60 pilots, and fuel screws at 1.25 turns. Stock clutching is very good. A bit more primary spring, and weights in the 10-64 area work well. I use the dalton QAP-1 adjustable ones. That would be the best imo, with an 140/330 polaris spring, as in the new 800. The epi maroon works well, but the engagement is quite high. Add at least one delrin washer under the spring cup. You could add the lightweight brake disc, kit #2876922, saves 1lb rotating weight, which is equal to 10lbs stationary mass."

This is what mnsledneck told me is a good set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts