Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new here and i really like the site anyways where can i find a 1996 indy 500 clutch kit?? thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Check out royal distributing, they carry EPI clutch kits at a decent price. They are in Canada also so that's a plus.

www.royaldistributing.com

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
royaldistributing does not carry a EPI pro kit from epi anymore. although they do carry a trail kit if thats what your looking for. on the down side of things they also will not order you a pro kit for some reason.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will a trail kit pull much harder then stock ?? and is there any place that has a pro kit ? i might be wrong but does it say that the clutch kit is $389 seems like alot compared to some i have seen for other sleds.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
the trail kit will pull harder than stock, but if you looking for the pro kit from EPI, you can order directly from them. i live in ontario as well and i beleive it was $280 with shipping. it came to my door within the week. im very impressed with the kit. my advice would be to but it, BTW your going to need studs if you but this. anyways good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how can i reach epi and do you think its worth 280$ or should i get my sled airbrushed insted?

·
Registered
197 Posts
http://www.erlandsonperformance.com/

Phone number for them is 218-829-6036......they are very helpful.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
you will be very very impressed when you awaken the power of the 500. there isn't many performace upgrades for these sleds, but when they do make one there great. my advice would be to get the kit

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last question before i buy it on there site the only one that looks like it will work is the ''500 Carb / EFI 96-05'' will this work on my 1995 non efi and will it do catwalks[:D]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
thats the one that i baught. the 1995 and 1996 non-efi sled are the same in every way. the only reason they dont show our sled online or in books is because they never did any testing on the model year. and yes it will do catwalks if you have studs and the recomended belt

·
Registered
59 Posts
nice ive been kinda readen the convo and im thinken of purchasing the same thing im gonna read up on it a little more and probably order it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im stuckk i cant decide i think my sled would just be insane with it airbrushed black with true flames but cat walks on a snowmachine also seem to be awsome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by bcaul
[br]im stuckk i cant decide i think my sled would just be insane with it airbrushed black with true flames but cat walks on a snowmachine also seem to be awsome.
If you give them a call directly they are very helpful and will answer any questions you may have.......218-829-6036

p.s. do you wanna look fast or be fast???????

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you've been 'good' put the Clutch kit on your list to Santa......if you've been bad, tough luck and open up the wallet.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
lol damn thats what i should have done that. ah well, i think you will be more pleased with the clutch kit over all. haha just think, whos going to see your paint job when your out driving fast. thats just my view on it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha yess good idea i was thinkin i either have money for one or the other ill make sure to get my dad to order it my my already got me a snowmachine helmet and flowter pants and jacket

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i think where going to have to race. does my sled look fast

[attachment=50918]

[attachment=50920]

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
as per radianguy ".....They are in Canada also so that's a plus."
ALWAYS a plus to be in Canada!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha looks kinda fast same as mine right now but i got plastic skies and a pipe and i think you got a clutch kit

1 - 20 of 34 Posts