Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 zrt 600 with v-force reeds and black magic pipes, I just found out my primary clutch is cracked so I need to replace it. First question, what type of clutch should I get, stock or is there a better aftermarket or upgraded version, and second, any advise on a clutch kit would be help.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
talk to madcow.........he's an expert at clutching.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah it would be best to upgrade from stock since i guess it is common for them to crack even after replacing them.. mines still ok- knock on wood.

for the clutch kit, i would would go with the company you bought your pipes from, black magic. they made the pipes, so they know the powerband and what that engine with pipes likes, and they have a clutch kit made just for that sled with their pipes.

that's what i did, BM pipes and BM clutch kit for their piped engine, and i love it.

or you could piece together a kit, seems alot of guys buy their own springs, weights and helix's and play around with them... i'm sure that works but i think black magic could do a better job at it than myself and i prefer to just buy the kit, throw it in and forget about it.. leaves more time for enjoying it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts