Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about modding my sled just a little bit this year so I figure I might put performance reeds in but im not to up on the product. Do they make reeds for my sled and if so what kind of performance increases could I see and is there anything else that needs to be done to accomadate for them
Thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If you have a Fuji 500 cc engine it has no reeds.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
No reeds....Have you done anything to the clutching?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The xc 500's do, the indy 500's don't. A fuji does not have valves, a domestic/liberty does have valves.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
does my sled have reeds?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just threw VForce3 reeds in my XCR 440. Too bad there isn't any snow to test em out. I hope i can notice a diffrence with them in!

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have a 2002 MXZ 500 do i have reeds

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have a 2001 ZR 800 and I have V-Force 3 Reeds. Thats what the guy said at the dealership.

·
Registered
586 Posts
easiest way to tell if you have reeds is look between the carbuerator and the engine and see if there is a lil box there i think

·
Registered
963 Posts
Originally posted by brnr17
[br]easiest way to tell if you have reeds is look between the carbuerator and the engine and see if there is a lil box there i think
exactly and you have to have a reed case engine not a piston port.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havent tampered with the clutch yet i was thinking about it but not sure what to go for top end or acceleration my sled does 140 km/h (90mph) and if you go with one does it not reduce the other?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone know?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
a good kit will maintain to end but get you there quicker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts