Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do recommend for Polaris clutch kits for aggressive trail riding? Leaning towards Erlandson, or SLP.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i am not sure if goodwin makes polaris kits i am sure they do. but thats what i just got installed in my ski-doo

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by hooha311
[br]I have a Erlandson Pro kit for my XLT, I love it
You say you have the Pro kit. I'm told it is better accelerating than stock, but is backshifting improved and how much? I want to do a lot of twisty, hilly bush trails, so backshifting is very important to me for coming out of corners or hitting hills. Also, how is top speed affected? I would hate to lose my top end. We have just about every type of riding around my area from long wide fast as you can go for 3-4mile trails, twisty hilly open and bush trails that would scare a snocrosser, to drift and ditch running trails so I would like to keep the sled as versatile as possible.
Thanks for any feedback you might have, as the kit you have is the one I am looking to put on XC.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
go with erlandson, they have different kind of kits for different types of riding, hsp just has one kit if i ever buy aftermarket i go with epi or my own simons kits, you will like the epi service.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i acualy havent got a chance to ride my sled yet. to test it out. from what i hear goodwin buttons are a must on ski-doo . there are so many options for clutch kits. i hade a certified ski-doo tech that specializes in trail performance and mountain sleds. set my clutch up for me. primary and secondary. and he only uses goodwin products from what i understand. if u want his number let me know very nice guy. he will be able to tell ya what u need for set up and parts for your stle of riding and sled

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just installed an EPI trail performance kit. I did quite a bit of research and based on the fact I wanted to retain the reliability and primarily ride trails agressively I went the TP series.

Double check the clutch set up to be sure to get every bit out of it. My factory clutch set up had .060 clearance on the primary to belt. I just took it down to .007 with a new belt. The spec is .020 +/- .015. I can't wait to test it out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry Lars, been away for the weekend. My sled is a 98' Formula Z 670. I am still researching clutches, familiarizing my self with them before I start tearing mine apart and rebuilding it with a new kit. I will definitely check in with a tech before doing anything too major. Thanx for your input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts