Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought this sled like two months ago so i never got to try it out and now that theres some snow on the ground i decided to try her lastnight for the first time. first off i noticed she wouldnt move at all. i figured that out it was the brakes sticking (still havnt figured out why) so i beld them just to try the sled. but then i noticed when i give her a shot of throttle and let off like 3 seconds later the clutch makes this click/clunk noise, im thinking its dry maybe? where its been let up all summer. anyone who would know or have an idea whats wrong with the brakes or the clutch would help alot seening how i dont know alot about the sled yet.


Thanks =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
dylan.pelley said:
so i bought this sled like two months ago so i never got to try it out and now that theres some snow on the ground i decided to try her lastnight for the first time. first off i noticed she wouldnt move at all. i figured that out it was the brakes sticking (still havnt figured out why) so i beld them just to try the sled. but then i noticed when i give her a shot of throttle and let off like 3 seconds later the clutch makes this click/clunk noise, im thinking its dry maybe? where its been let up all summer. anyone who would know or have an idea whats wrong with the brakes or the clutch would help alot seening how i dont know alot about the sled yet.


Thanks =)
Could be the secondary rattling if the bolt loosened off or theres too much side clearance on the shaft.Could be alot od things,what type of machine?Alot of knowledgable people on here maybe they,ve run across the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Could be a lot of things.. but my first guess is it has something to do with your break since it appears you bleed the lines and now the sled moves?? Maybe your primary needs servicing (new rollers, weights, bushings, etc.) Hard to tell with what you posted, could you be more specific on what you did with your breaks and why you think it may be your clutch??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Might just be when the rpm's drop enough, the weights in your primary come back
down off the rollers and make a little noise when contacting the clutch sheave.
Or, it could be something completely different, did you look at it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rainman56 said:
dylan.pelley said:
so i bought this sled like two months ago so i never got to try it out and now that theres some snow on the ground i decided to try her lastnight for the first time. first off i noticed she wouldnt move at all. i figured that out it was the brakes sticking (still havnt figured out why) so i beld them just to try the sled. but then i noticed when i give her a shot of throttle and let off like 3 seconds later the clutch makes this click/clunk noise, im thinking its dry maybe? where its been let up all summer. anyone who would know or have an idea whats wrong with the brakes or the clutch would help alot seening how i dont know alot about the sled yet.


Thanks =)
Could be the secondary rattling if the bolt loosened off or theres too much side clearance on the shaft.Could be alot od things,what type of machine?Alot of knowledgable people on here maybe they,ve run across the same thing.
sorry i though i said what sled i had lol. but its a 06 AC 440 snopro
and its not the bolt its just a knock, it "sounds" like if somthing was dry and when the spring finally lets go and the clutch disngauges it gose out and hits where it stops thats what im thinking like as if the clutch is stcking when its disngauging.


scumpman said:
Could be a lot of things.. but my first guess is it has something to do with your break since it appears you bleed the lines and now the sled moves?? Maybe your primary needs servicing (new rollers, weights, bushings, etc.) Hard to tell with what you posted, could you be more specific on what you did with your breaks and why you think it may be your clutch??
no it has nothing to do with the brakes. yes i said bleed because i thought ppl would understand it better but what i done was loosen up the nut with the hole through it to let the pressure of the brake flud out, and then pushed the two brake pads back so it wasnt touching the roter because there was alot of rust build up on both the pads and roter witch wasnt allouding the sked to move. so that has nothing to do with the sled makeing that knock when disngauge
i know its sumthing to do with the clutch because i can clearly hear where the knock is comming from. it happends once ever time the clutch disngauges from ingauging
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
Sounds like you need to service the clutchs. Its always a good thing to replace the bushings and check for worn parts after buying a used sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
Definitely need to service the primary clutch..

It's binding somewhere instead of opening smoothly and going to be a real issue if you don't fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Sounds to me like the primary clutch is sticking. The entire clutch is going to have to be taken apart and cleaned, so like other said, just rebuild it while its getting done. it's going to cost more now, but it will save you money later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Yep, thats how you upload it! As to what the problem is....i have no clue[Disappointed]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
dylan.pelley said:
so i bought this sled like two months ago so i never got to try it out and now that theres some snow on the ground i decided to try her lastnight for the first time. first off i noticed she wouldnt move at all. i figured that out it was the brakes sticking (still havnt figured out why) so i beld them just to try the sled. but then i noticed when i give her a shot of throttle and let off like 3 seconds later the clutch makes this click/clunk noise, im thinking its dry maybe? where its been let up all summer. anyone who would know or have an idea whats wrong with the brakes or the clutch would help alot seening how i dont know alot about the sled yet.


Thanks =)
I had same problem with my 04 F6 couple years back and it was due to the primary clutch face plate bushing being wore out. kinda sucks is that bushing is not replaceable...you have to buy whole new face plate which is about $50. Could also be the bushing on the movable sheave being wore out. Just have to take it apart and see whats wrong.

Joe, WI
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top