Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright after putting about 200 miles on this weekend in the Monticello, Buffalo, Albertville area (I think I saw Dragon700) my clutch on my 500 started making a squealing noise, so I changed the belt to the spare after around 100 miles. After that still no luck. It started vibrating a lot and would make the noise till about 6000rpm. Then I was riding at about 30mph and it started making a really loud wwwwuuuuuuuuuuwwwuuuuuuuu noise. I turned around and rode it back at about 15mph and it was still making the noise, but the when I opened it up to about 60 and it stopped making the wuuuuuuwuwuuuuuwuwuuwwu noise and hasn't made it sense. It is still making the squealing noise and doesn't make the noise tell the sled is very warmed up. Sorry if this is hard to read, but any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
wait? what kind of noise was it making? hahaha

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was making the squealing mostly. The wuuuuuwwuuuuuuuwuwu noise was only for about 2 miles and I haven't heard it sense.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Where did you see me?

Check your clutch over for broken anything. A snapped spring is my guess.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I saw you coming out of albertville with a indy 500 that was in a gen 2 chassis and it had red handguards. you were going toward monticello. Which clutch primary or secondary?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
skidoo600racer said:
I think I saw you coming out of albertville with a indy 500 that was in a gen 2 chassis and it had red handguards. you were going toward monticello. Which clutch primary or secondary?
Wasn't me. I would've been west of Buffalo on a 10' White Dragon Switchback.

I would say primary.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I went to the dealer and ordered a clutch puller for it, and he said the primary clutch will need to be rebuilt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts