Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Ski-doo formula III 600 that will engage the track at 4000 rpms if the track is lifted and will not move the sled under its own weight or with operator. What could be the problem? Is the primary spring?primary clutch? or what? Any ideas would be appreciated.[}:)]

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the track tension is not to tight then sounds like you have some bad bearrings.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Suspend your track off the ground and see if your drive axle moves. It shouldn't move at all. My guess is it's binding up in a big way.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what does the engine do when you set it on the groung. does it sit at 4000 and bog, or does it rev up and not go, is the belt burning.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Madcow, the belt is not burning and I do recall that it does bog on occasion, sometimes yes other times no. I was able to ride the sled up my trailer a few weeks ago and have not been out since. Last week this issue came up. The primary belt does move and engage the belt with no movement of the belt. I have moved the secondary clutch by hand and it does not seem to have a bind anywhere in the track or other pieces. Any ideas on what to try? Will a weak spring cause this? A broken spring will not cause the primary clutch to move to the belt, right? Anyone have any cures????[V]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts