Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Polaris XLT 600 triple and im having problems with it. Off the line it's fast then around 35-40 mph it holds there. The engine won't lose rpm's but wont gain any, same with speed. after 3-5 sec approx it takes off like a bat out of hell. when i first got the sled 3 season ago i could hit 100 mph but now the best i can get is about 70 mph. Also in deep snow the sled wont do more than 40-45 mph. Im not sure if it is clutch problem or carb related. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
are your clutches and carbs both CLEAN??? check your spark plugs to determine if its a fuel/air delivery problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the secondary is good have not looked at the primary to much yet. I dont really know much about the clutches havent worked on any yet

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Sounds like a secondary problem to me. What kind of rpms are you running? Havent changed any gearing? Doesnt sound like carbs. You would have running issues regardless of your speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BskidooC said:
Sounds like a secondary problem to me. What kind of rpms are you running? Havent changed any gearing? Doesnt sound like carbs. You would have running issues regardless of your speed.
gearing is stock as far as i know. Im holding good rpms 5 to 6 grand when i stop gaining speed. after a few seconds it snaps and rpm and speed climb fast

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
been trying to get the primary off. went bought a puller but I cant get it off the shaft. soaked it with wd-40, tried heating it up and tapping on it, still nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
sledge hammer, stand on the motor and give it hell!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts