Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the story...I just replaced the track on a 1993 xlt sp and put a new belt on it,now the sled has no low end power at all, it really bogs. I also rebuilt the chain case w/ new seals and oil.The sled ran good before the work so I don't understand what the problem could be. The new belt I put on it sits above the secondary sheaves about an 1/8 inch and theres about an inch or so of deflection. Do I need to rebuild the clutches now?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You need 1 1/2" of deflection. Is it too tight in the primary? You may need to reshim it. Is the track too tight?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much sag in the track should there be?I also put new hifax on it.I think theres about an inch or so of space when I push down on the track between the rails and the track.
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]You need 1 1/2" of deflection. Is it too tight in the primary? You may need to reshim it. Is the track too tight?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate to say it but I may have to bring it to the dealer and have the clutches redone.... I have no knowledge or tools for this kind of work. or if any body else who knows how to rebuild clutches and wants to make some extra money???????I live in the St.Paul area if any ones interested.I would come to you if the commute is reasonable.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]how much sag in the track should there be?I also put new hifax on it.I think theres about an inch or so of space when I push down on the track between the rails and the track.
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]You need 1 1/2" of deflection. Is it too tight in the primary? You may need to reshim it. Is the track too tight?
With a 10 lbs weight you should have 3/8"-1/2" between track clip and hi-fax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts