Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is typical for the clutch give a light snap when it engages?
I've never heard it in any other sled, but this xcr is not like any other sled I've had before. Also seems to rev a little high to engage.
How much will a rebuild cost?

·
Registered
392 Posts
No that sounds like it's sticking, the side buttons or centre bushing are probably worn out or the centre bushing is full of dirt.
I had the local Polaris dealer take care of mine since I don't have the special tools to take the clutch apart, it wasn't expensive.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm having all new bushings put in mine right now. At first mine would stick a little and engage high so I cleaned it. It was still sticking and engaging at 5 grand, when I shut my sled off you could here the spring pop all the way back out with the clutch. I didn't think it would be all the expensive until I looked up how much it would cost for a bushing kit on Parts Unlimited. Some can be over $200 according to the website, either way though it had to be done. What exactly does your sled engage at? Your sled will engage higher and will have snap being a triple.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Mine did that, spider was all chopped up. My weights, bushings, and springs where all done aswell. Cost me about 340$ to replace my clutch and the components,

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Your looking at over $100.00 just in parts for a roller rebuild kit and that doesn't include any replaceable bushings or weights. Just parts alone can run close to $175.00 and then there is labor. Most dealers will just say it needs a complete rebuild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts