Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tossing around the idea of doing clutch rebuilds for folks. I don't mean balancing, milling or fancy stuff.

I have the tools and experience to take care of most people that would not have the tools or don't want the expense of buying them....

What would anyone pay for this service, flat rate, no parts included? Parts would be replaced on an as needed basis. All the basics would be covered: Reshim spider if needed, weight bushings, springs, cleaning, buttons, etc. Basically a service to make your clutch perform like new or better.

I am not sure what a dealer charges for this. Think anyone would be interested? Obviously it would be much cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dman said:
I've been tossing around the idea of doing clutch rebuilds for folks. I don't mean balancing, milling or fancy stuff.

I have the tools and experience to take care of most people that would not have the tools or don't want the expense of buying them....

What would anyone pay for this service, flat rate, no parts included? Parts would be replaced on an as needed basis. All the basics would be covered: Reshim spider if needed, weight bushings, springs, cleaning, buttons, etc. Basically a service to make your clutch perform like new or better.

I am not sure what a dealer charges for this. Think anyone would be interested? Obviously it would be much cheaper than the dealer.
I had mine done a couple of years ago from a local snowmobile salvage parts house, and it was like $125, that included good used weights and pins, new buttons and a new spring, don't think they reshimmed spider as i can run the wider belt and still have too much clearance, but with the blue spring in it and the clutching i run it is perfect at 8000 so i haven't screwed with it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I don't think many basic snowmobilers know how to do shims or even take out the buttons. I do this same thing out of my shed for a little side money, my name got out and now I get a decent amount coming in a week, but it seems like most of your business will be in the fall or spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts