Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am having to rebuild my primary on my 99 vmax 500 sx, rollers came today (15x9) ordered 8cr weights today as well as the riviets to go in them.

my question is; is there a diagram or one of those yamaha instruction videos of how to prperly install these rivets?

a guy on TY was very helpful with finding correct part numbers and has spent numerous hours on the phone with me, we didnt talk much about installing the rivets though. I think he said stick it thrrough, set it on a vice and pound it till both sides of the rivet are flush?

any suggestions would be as always greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
125 Posts
FF-Tony said:
ok so i am having to rebuild my primary on my 99 vmax 500 sx, rollers came today (15x9) ordered 8cr weights today as well as the riviets to go in them.

my question is; is there a diagram or one of those yamaha instruction videos of how to prperly install these rivets?

a guy on TY was very helpful with finding correct part numbers and has spent numerous hours on the phone with me, we didnt talk much about installing the rivets though. I think he said stick it thrrough, set it on a vice and pound it till both sides of the rivet are flush?

any suggestions would be as always greatly appreciated!
I think he said stick it thrrough, set it on a vice and pound it till both sides of the rivet are flush?

Thats how its done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts