Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always have gone elsewhere to repair my clutches, its time i purchased my own tools to accomplish this, what would i need to get started and how much and from where should i get the tools required??Thanks!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well one thing I can tell ya is madcow advised me to change out the weight bushings. I went to buy the replacement tools and they were out ,so I used a drill bit to punch them out and pushed them in with the pinbolt. It seems to be mint.
And yes I would reccomend getting to know the clutch and take it apart so you are familiar with what wears and what to watch for.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
clutch puller, clutch press, spider wrench, jamb nut tool(polaris clutches) - these are what I have for my basic clutch work.. some newer roller, TEAM, AC ACT Drive secondary's maybe need special tools to work on them. A Bunker Dummy tool is good to have if you want to change weights/springs on the primary w/o having to pull the clutch.

I normally go online for my tool purchase since there are no local dealers, plus you can get an idea of what others are charging for these tools instead of one source.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yeah, it is going to be a big let-down, but it will cost you some money to get set up right. If you are careful, and look around, I think you could get away with spending around $250.00 or so? I bought my stuff three years ago so I forget.

Another thing to think about is the Polaris Clutch bushing toolkit. It is about $200.00 but then you can truly replace everything in your clutches. You can pretty much change the bushings if you are very careful, but it is so much easier if you have the right tools. Less risk to mess up those clutches too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts