Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All!

Snow is starting to fall and my thumb is starting to twitch!

My sled mechanic has my sled and is going to do a clutch setup for me. He recommemded almond gold spring and 62 weights and something else to the secondary i can't remember. I am mostly looking for a little more pep out of the hole and not lose any high end speed. Is this a good set up? obviously the most important thing is too not lose any dependability. any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Take care
Chad

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Right now I have, on order, an HSP yellow spring for the primary with 10-64 weights, and an HSP orange for the secondary.

Of course, the HSP website is down, so I can't tell you what the spring rates are. Always happens when you need some info.

Spring Rates:
Yellow Primary - 120-310
Orange Secondary - 30-70

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i have a 99 700 rmk and i am going to run an almond primary w/ 10-62 weights, i have been told that is the best primary setup for these 700's, and then a silve/blue secondary w/ stock helix.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
There is no best setup for anything, what works for your sled and riding style will be your best. And do a search for the xc700 clutching, very popular motor, and a lot of info on clutching for them will be found.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
dtmmil said:
There is no best setup for anything, what works for your sled and riding style will be your best. And do a search for the xc700 clutching, very popular motor, and a lot of info on clutching for them will be found.
You have been peaking in on my set ups there drew! Right on. Weight. Altitude. Rider style. Snow conditions. The sled. Etc are just some.factors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts