Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha Viper with aftermarket 151" track.
I started experiencing a clutching problem of the sled not gearing down when climbing hills, and reaching higer rpms to climb.

I looked at the secondary clutch and notice there was *a lot* of tension on the spring. I think the spring was in hole "6".
I opened it up and placed spring in hole "3". This seems to have fixed the problem. Do the holes on the inside end of spring have numbers?
I thought somebody said both ends of spring holes should be numbered. I only saw numbers on end of spring facing away from clutch.
Also, what is the appropriate amount of tension spring should have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
that's the deal with clutchin',try and try again.
was told once,the sled amounts to 95%,the other 5% is u, make the 5% work.
this is the situation where we may have a solution. my way is too keep on keepin on,try lots of combinations and keep good notes so as u know whr 2 go. keep sleddin and tryin different cluthin combinations. u'll get it right,just time thats all.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top