Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished breaking in my new piston and rings, noticed the sled has all kinds of low end power, but top end seems to be in the 75-80's , this is on hard packed almost barron like conditions. is there any setup that anyone else has used that seems to work well, i hate to give up that lowend on the trail though? i have slp pipes, they recomend leaving the stock blue spring in the primary and the stock red in the secondary, on hole #3, they do recomend a change to a 40-40/36 helix, how is that different than the stock helix?
thanks, dave

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you mean you have no power in the top end you might be leaning out. Make sure that one of your mains are not plugged. Talk to Madcow on the helix. I think that a 50 will up shift faster than a 40, and also run righer RPM's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, i have plenty of poer, just no top speed above 85 she takes a while! deffinately not the carbs. i guess i'll just run her the way she is for this year, thanks.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thanks for the promo smokeymacpot.
you could do several things. but first the bigger helix numbers make it pull harder, i would leave the secondary stock, and start adding weight until the rpms come down. or just go up one or two grams to a real aggressive wieght with heavy tail. than you can come up to the next helix if the rpms are still two high.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
check your gearing with your dealer to see what the mph are supposed to be.

for a trail sled i would come up a little on wieghts and a little on helix. if you just come up on wieghts you will have a very fast sled, if you just come up on heilix and spring you will have a very quick sled, if you come up on both a little you will have a rockin trail sled with some lake speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts