Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 10-60 weights in my 99 xcsp 600. two of the weights you can move side to side about 1/8th of an inch, and one is nice and firm. what should it be? and what can i do to solve this? the whole bolt that holds the weight on moves

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Does the weight move freely on the bolt? If not I would take that weight back out and clean up the bolt with some scotch brite or fine sandpaper or something so it moves free. They will move side to side some when they move free on the bolt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great thanks ill do that. The weight itself doesnt move side to side, the whole bolt that holds it in moves side to side...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
How does the bushings look on the weights? Might be time to change those...oh by the way even aftermarket bushings are on back order-so Im told.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bushings looked better then the weights i was running, but im not 100% sure how to tell if they are bad or not. ill take them out today and check em over again and take some light sand paper to the bolts that hold them in

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The entire bolt can move. Just make sure the weight bushings are nice and tight against the bolt. No wobble of the weight is what you are striving for.
D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The bolt is suppose to move side to side, the weight itself is not.
Edit, D beat me to it

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Weight bushings are about $5 each no matter where you buy them. Any decent sled shop should have them or can get them pretty quick. With worn out bushings, the weight can grind against the spider and groove it. It will not be moving freely if it's scraping along the spider.
Best thing you can do is replace and ride. I would suspect plenty on sleds need them replaced but people often over look them.

On a side note, with a fresh clutch, I could pull away from newer sleds but when prior to replacing, it was dead even.
It will make a diffence, not just the weight bushings but a total rebuild or tightening everything up.
D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds good. Anyone know where to get them online? id rather just order them i guess. ill probably replace the bolts that hold them in also, one of them is pretty worn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts