Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gotta question to run by you guys for my uncle.

he has a 2004 polaris 800 classic with 10,000 miles on it now and he was inspecting his weights (stock weights) in his primary and he noticed on the back of the weight where it meets the roller it is getting a wave.

has anyone seen this before? what causes it?

thanks guys.

Bmxican

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ripperd, i must not have made it clear.....OEM weights......but they are not the origanal ones..they dont have that many miles on them

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Oh. Some weights are designed with that in there for a different engagement behavior. If it is actually worn in I would be concerned.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
they do get wear marks on the face of the weights. when the rpms stay at a constant, from idling, or long periods of time in one rpm range riding, the weights are relatively stationary on the pins. so the vibration slowly wears at the weights.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]they do get wear marks on the face of the weights. when the rpms stay at a constant, from idling, or long periods of time in one rpm range riding, the weights are relatively stationary on the pins. so the vibration slowly wears at the weights.
okay, thats the same thing my dad told him.
he rides the sled constantly in the 40-45 mph range....so that makes total sense

·
Registered
764 Posts
wholly sh*t 10,000 miles on an 04, he must ride like everyday! haha but ya its normal for wear like that, or else they coulda been bought notched as well

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Yeah the weights could be notched. So when it hits that weight it grabs and takes off..

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sounds like normal wear pattern to me. I try to replace my weights every 4-5000 miles. AS this happens alot. How are his rollers. Woth 10,000 miles I would have the clutch rebuilt.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill have to ask about the rollers....if they have been replaced or not

1 - 10 of 10 Posts