Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sled is a 99 700 rmk, and when i get on the throttle i hear a grinding/rubbing type noise, and it appears to be the belt, and i seen that the secondary is not wanting to disengage all the way, i can pull the belt around and the clutch will suck in but, soon as i got again its back engaged and wont come out, i have played with the cam adjust (or whatever you call it) and it will not change, i did have my secondary apart but i put it back to gether the exact way it came apart i am pretty sure

clutch is 100" stock, r-11 helix, silver blue spring, in the 2nd hole from the right, (not sure if its hole 2 or 3)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
mine did that last year but it was the primary. it was warped the dealer said lol but it did have 11,500 miles on it. i doubt thats the case. is it the right belt?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sounds like something is binding up somewhere, best bet is to take the secondary apart and inspect it again and then try a reassembly to see if the problem gets solved.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hope its the right belt cause i jut bought it, everyone told me 1065 so thats what i got, ill take it apart again and make sure, and done even joke about the primary, just spent 50 bucks getting this one balanced, when it was perfectly in balance with 2 chucks broke off

do you just put the spring in and put it together or do you have to twist the clutch one turn?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Definitely the secondary binding... I had the same issue on the SKS I bought.

Put the spring in and the helix onto the spring then turn the helix 1/3 rotation before pushing it in.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Put the spring in and the helix onto the spring then turn the helix 1/3 rotation before pushing it in.
^+1 Id say you just didnt preload the spring, like poo kid said. When you twist the movable sheave and holt the other still, you should feel some good pre-load/spring tension, and if you let it go it should snap back quickly. Also give the buttons a quick look, if youre in there and theyre pretty worn, theyre def worth replacing.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

i am thinking that is definatly the problem, because i just slid everything in where it lined up

wait a second, i remember mine had a keyway with a key in it, so i cant turn in, or am i mixing something up

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/101091-rebuilding-clutch#1029891

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks for that ill get it figured out now, i was confusing how it went together

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that did it guys thanks alot, runs real good now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts