Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My primary clutch is stuck open or engaged. It won't go back to its normal position
Sounds bad. Sounds like it needs a new or replacement.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I managed to get it free by taking off the front plate and the spring. With the belt off I moved the clutch by hand forward and backward and the spider slowly moved back in its normal position. What do you think is the problem? If I was to change the rollers and pins for the weight would that help? Also is it possible to take the clutch off my 2010 600 RMK and put it on my 2013 800 RMK?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I am not sure the clutch swap will work. Different crank tapers. Would have to swap spring and weights for sure.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure the clutch swap will work. Different crank tapers. Would have to swap spring and weights for sure.

Well I know that it has the same color of spring the weights I'm not sure of. Right now I am having extreme difficulty getting the clutch off. Tried the water method and tried to fill it up with grease

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But it's not coming off. I have never seen a clutch to be so hard to take off. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thanks
You need the correct puller. Some of them can be stubborn.

Well I have tried to different types of pullers. Both are 3/4" fine thread. The one I borrowed from a friend who bought it from a Polaris dealer and said that is made for Polaris snowmobile.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
You need the proper pitch/depth puller for the engine you are removing it from. With the correct puller, some lube on the threads, and the pop of a hammer they usually pop off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts