Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 1997 ultra 700 have a red spring in clutch is this the right color .belt burning up why!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
how does the belt burn up? no matter how you ride or only on hard days? if the rpms are in the correct range, than i would say the spring is fine.

I would look more at clutch alignment, inspect the clutchs for wear, maybe have them taken down and a tune up kit put in (buttons in the secondary, rollers, bushings, wieghts, pins,).

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've got an '96 Ultra 680.... it has a blue belt on the primary and engages around 4700-5000 rpm and tops out well over 110 on the flats. I'm thinking it's engaging at too high of an rpm...where's yours engaging? I'd think if it was anything like mine and you where riding slow or thru lots of tight spots the belt would wear faster....which I seem to have trouble with when i'm rideing thru thick forest to get somewhere.....I've been told that the spring is fine but i need different weights to get a lower engagement speed...... What do you guys think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
the correct spring color from the factory was probably a silver/Gold. Your belt could be burning up for several reasons. Your clutch needs to be rebuilt, the clutch is not alined properly, and if your doing a lot of small trail riding, and you on and off the throttle this could be problem because of the clutch ingauging the belt on and off.

Food for thought!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts