Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
u guys know the parts on the secondary clutch that are smooth that the belt rides on i forgot the name. anyways i have a rough area on the smooth part like it was spinning and someone scored it all the way around. its not that bad but its probably not good for my belt life and shifting. could i just take really fine sand paper to it or is there some other way to smooth it out without taking it off the sled

·
Registered
66 Posts
You should be able to use emery cloth and clean it up. Depends on how bad it is or tough to get to on whether you have to pull the clutch or not and how much room you have.[:)]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its east to get to what is emery cloth it isnt that bad just enough to feel rough and to think its enough to wear my belt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Emery cloth is really fine sandpaper but is cloth backing instead of paper. It has a lot more strength for sanding of shafts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Instead of using sandpaper try a green scotch brite pad, this is an old racer trick will put fine scratches on your clutches to aid in belt grip, but also wears smooth in a matter of passes. So if you can remove the big scratches with the scotch brite, the little scratches that it made will be removed from normal clutch operation. You can't hurt anything with the scotch brite pad so i would try that first, sand paper is not a good idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts