Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 440, when you come to a stop it doesn't seem to want to disengage out of gear. i opened the hood and rode it for a few minutes and stopped, it looks to me as if the secondary clutch doesn't open all the way, i took it apart and cleaned it . put it back in and did the same thing. any suggestions to fix this problem?

thnks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
did you look at the buttons in the secondary. the spring could be bad.

but, usually when a sled wants to keep going first off is it a new belt and is it to tight?

second take the belt off. stick a screw driver between one weight and roller. now look at the other wieght and rollers. are the rollers good? is the face of the weight good?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
First you should take a felt tipped pen and mark down the primary and the secondary, this will confirm your suspisions of the either clutch not fully shifting out.

After that I'd try and remember when the clutches were rebuilt. Has it been a while? If so I would think about having the springs and weights replaced, they do wear down after a while.

Next I'd look at the components you have. Have any changes been made to the sled? Whether it be motor mods or just the clutch components. Then try and figure out what you need, do you want the stock setup or do you think a clutch kit would serve you well.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I had a 02 600 do that. The pri spring was broke.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know the belt isnt to tight because thats what i thought it was at first and so i got a new one. but ill look at the spring. thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i dont know a whole lot about sleds, im just starting to get into the sport but what are benfits of a clutch kit? cheap or expensive. mainly i just want to get it fixed with out spending lots of money but if the kit is worth it i might was wel do tht but thinks for the suggestions! oh yea and the pri spring, was that a pain to change or relitivly simple

1 - 6 of 6 Posts