Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good website on learning the basics of re-clutching?

I have a 2000 mxz 600 and looking for some more acceleration knowing I will lose some top end speed.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sounds like you want clutch tuning. Try Northern Catalyst for a ski-doo clutch kit. you probably won't lose topend. If you want to be quicker regear, drop a tooth or two. You'll lose top end but rip your arms out of their sockets ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. Dropping a tooth or two on my gear, will I need to change anything on my drive chain? As you can tell I am learning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
no. I did this to my cat you go bigger on one and smaller on the other. this keeps the number of teeth the same and you can keep the chain the same. when I bought my sled the guy befor me changed one gear only and it chewed up the chain. I when to buy a used gear the proper size but he didn't have one but he had the match for the other gear. he said I would lose about 5 MPH off the top end but gain bottom end. He was right and I love it, hugh difference in bottom end snap. Now I dont remember what I did but I think you make the small gear smaller and the big gear bigger. but better double check that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
sometimes you can use the same chain, check w/ a jackshaft rpm chart for your make and model sled, if you purchase a factory service manual they usually have these in the book.

·
Registered
295 Posts
you want real good hole shot and willing to lose some top end. go wit 280 ramps and a 200-350 primary, you will enjoy 600 feet.you may have to play with roller pin weight though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts