Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got my 1st rmk 700 and its not reving out like it should. its got slp twins bottle and v force 2 reeds, it hits about 7200 tops it shold be about 7-8000. i think. im just not sure how to ajust the secendry its set on the # 5.do i just losen the bolts and ture the notch to the 1 or 3 mark ?? or does this have to come right apart?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It should normally sit on 3. Remove the belt loosen the 3 bolts turn it to 3 hold it in place and tighten the t bolts. That isn'y going to change the rpm. If I were you I would remove the primary and see what you have. Sounds like you need a new belt also. Riley

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Make sure you've got a good belt. See what size weights are in the primary clutch, make sure they're the right weights for your elevation and mods on your sled. Also check the primary spring for wear. Replace if it's broken/sacked out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a new belt..i got the problem fixed.it was pluged poilt jet(dirty carb) but i cleaned the clutches and the belt is hard to put on a take off to ajust it.. 1 would be losen? and 5 would be tighter? becouse now the belt drags.. it pushes at idel. and sqweels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts