Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 1996 Zrt 600. The sled has alway been an awesome sled with lots of power, i had added Pipes, can, Reeds, Track, and just till last week i did a little clutching. I by far noticed the biggest difference with the clutching, completely changes sled sled. [Wow]
I was wondering if there is any fellow SF's out there that know there clutching realll well that could tell me,

[red]"What kind of clutching would be the ultimate set up for my ZRT?"[/red]

I bought off of a friend a few clutch springs that he told me to try. I have been experimenting with them, and have the primary clutch engaging at about 4800rpm's now.

What should i look for, for Weights, Helix, and Springs?

JS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
what do you have in there now? where would you like to see improvements? ususally there is a trade off, more bottom end, less top end. do you ride trails or lake race?
different set ups will be better for certain situations and conditions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
you can chase your tail all day switching the clutching around. playing with the combinations is fun, but you can save yourself a lot of time and $$ if you get an aftermarket clutch kit. saves the headaches too. dont know much about the cat combos, but clutch kits have always worked in any sled i've put them in.
-Polaris Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts