Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my sled running and now the clutching is off it only turns 7000 rpms its a 1998 xc 700 hot seat head ,hot seat single pipe, vforce reeds compression is 150 in both it just wont go over 7000 please help Iwas told the clutch kit was in it and It has red spring up front purple in rear and helix is on 3rd hole

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what rpms does it engage at? you either have to much wieght, or to much helix. or your spring might have came out of the hole in the secondary clutch,
did you get the stock parts with it? what are the stock wieghts, what are the wieghts in it now? same with helix, if it is a hot seat helix on the ramp side you will see a number with an x like 34x or something. on the polaris helix, on the back of the helix you will see an r8 or r12. we will go from there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engages at 3700 to 4000 rpms I will check weights when I get home is the spring inthe right hole the 3rd ????

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered a hypershift clutch kit from hot seat performance it has 58 weights what do you htink f there kits madcow ????

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there ok. they give a little improvement, on a smaller sled like your you might notice it more. it you had the chance to ride yours stock you would notice that you would be a little quicker getting to top end, and a little more pull coming out of the corners. nothing can compare to a custom kit, if you are stock gearing i would try gearing up some, you guys out east are open stretch riders right? a lot of run what you brung type racing. if you are light wieght rider, you might be able to go down a step in primary spring. if they give you a 130-330 you might be able to pull a 130-320, doesnt sound like much but it will make that little motor pull that little bit harder because you are shifting up that little bit faster making you that much faster. talk to them and give them your wieght and ask what they can change in the kit to fit your wieght and studding and gearing, they might not change any thing, they didnt for me, i told them i am 250 lbs with a 144-1.75 track and they sent me there same kit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try calling them should I try epi instead ???? I am 210 with stock gearing with a 168-1.00 track will this kit atleast fix the rpms It is only getting 7000 rpms and should be turning 8000 its only getting up to 112 mph and thats after a while

·
Registered
777 Posts
can i add my 5 cents
don,t know what you,ll get,but it should be pretty close to this
it will pull 62 weights easy,maybe 64 with the pipe.60g is stock
around a 150-310.330 primary
42-75 secondary sil/blue polaris
a 50-36x or even a 50-38x helix
150 lbs is a lot of compression,125 stock.
also get your tach calibrated,

·
Registered
777 Posts
its extra weight that gives you that hard pull,Yes i would,can,t imagine putting in lighter weights than stock,especially with the mods you have you should be around 132-135 hp.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got of hte phone with them stock weights are 10-60 and the weights in the package are 60 gram seems strange but, the tech said its the profile thats different there is more weight in in tip or other parts the springs are silver front 165-310 and secondary is orange 30-70 does this all sound correct ????????

·
Registered
777 Posts
have you ever seen a notched weight, i would think thats what you.ll get,..Not positive though,, theres a indent on the profile of the weight,where the roller sits in.the reason behind it is to give it a harder engagement because on take off you have increase your rpm enough for the roller to pass over hump of the notch,harder engagement, plus there 60, i believe shifts out like a 62,that 165-310 is the same as the alm/red polaris,,,IMO the start is a little high,espesially with a notched weight{if it is},the finish is good.sec spring sounds ok,maybe a little light initally,
but hey,,,I,m sure they put some testing
on this kit,and again{if} there notched your pri belt clearance is going to get bigger by 20-50 thou

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
for my sled they sent me real aggressive 59.8g when stock is 60 g looks like they are sending you the same wieghts with a higher engagement with a little stiffer shift rate primary spring. and a little stiffer secondary spring. I agree with xc, the engagement will be notched, with that spring might be at the 5000 range, what they are doing is giving you a high power launch so you will feel and look like a high power sled, when all you will be doing is spinning, I would keep your stock primary springs, heck dont by anything yet maybe someone put the wrong helix in. but if you orderd it lets make the most of it, we can mix and match the parts you have and the ones you will get and gain more. put in there wieghts and secondary spring and helix, leave your stock primary in for now. get the rpms they tell you to be at. as far as advertised hp, its all smoke, I wouldnt believe one pipe builder out there until they show barimetric pressure on the dyno read out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good the kit is on the way and should be here buy this thurs the latest friday thanks for the help

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok got new kit an they sent wrong one !!!!!aghhhhhhh but I called back adn they overnighted correct one its parts list is as follows x38 helix 62.5 weights primary spring yellow (120-310) secondary spring black . This seems a little better ohhh xc specail I have 150 pounds off compression because of my head it has high compression domes and recut squish band for that extra down low :) what do you all think of the specs on the clutch now soes this seem correct thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
thats sounds like it should work.thats pretty much same kit i would put in..
install it,and for sure let me know how it works,i called for a 38x today,but didn,t have one in stock.very curious it youll be able to pull the 38X with those weights,
Good luck

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Q#[email protected]!!#!!# WTF I put it in and the dam sled is 100 times worse it starts out at 8000 but just drops to 5 -6000 and thats it unless I stop and restart it will stay there and it only reves up to 7500 for a second I tried changing weights to 60 and that didnt help .The buttons and bushing in front clutch are worn but wtf would it cause this I am going to change all worn parts couldnt get them over weekend would these parts cause this to happen and it engauges at 3500 seems kinda low

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yes put in new rollers and shims in the primary, you get a nice kit from the dealer. make sure on the secondary you get the helix over the ramps right when you put it together. you should have to twist the clutch to get the helix to go down. sounds like the same helix and secondary spring as they sent for my kit, only the primary spring is 10 less engage ment and 10 more shift, and they sent you heavier wieghts. try your other helix with there kit, or you secondary spring, mix and match until you get the rpms you need.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered new buttons bushing rollers roller bushing guides I hope this fixes it I have been mixing up the kit trying to see what works I called hot seat just waiting a call back my buddies pro-x 700 with pipe and clutch kit hauls ass it just hits 8200 rpms and never gets off tore my sled up I can get his almost straight up in a wheely I twisted the secondary clutch pretty far its nice and tight but I did notice the buttons are worn

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well had eneogh of this clutching shit I brought sled to my buddy who is a clutch expert he took all the hot seat hypershift stuff took it out and said return the junk . So I am returning it all and he is installing custom kit. I do have to say that my buddies pro-x 700 is hauling ass now after the pipe and clutch work I am willing to bet it is tie with firecat or beats it

·
Registered
777 Posts
chase,
don,t mean sound like a smart ass,but is your jetting right on,2 different set-ups and can,t pull,7000 -7500 rpm,we pretty much have the same sled motor and add on,s, i just put a full prggresive 50-38 dalton on today.i can pull 78-7900 with 64,s.sil/blue.black/white pri,and 8-8100 with 62,alm/red,sil/blue,50-38,i realize your 38x holds the 50 slighlty longer,but you should be able to pull it better then that. Just my opinion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts