Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my sled is a 1998 xlt, i know this has been posed before but i kinda want to know where i should go from my current clutch set up. it seems to work pretty good but i just want more mid to top end pull. right now i have the stock gold/silver primary spring shimmed 1/8" with arcticat 50 gram weights. engages at about 4500. i have a stock spring in the secondary with an epi QA1 helix in the 3rd hole. stock gearing and am running 8300 rpm wide open.i am running stock exhaust with a lighly gutted muffler. i have 120 studs down the center of the track. it hooks ok but i am in the process of making that better as well. sorry for the kinda long post. please ask if someone need more info i will do my best.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
HSP white primary
10M-5 weights
42/34 progressive or Polaris T1 helix
HSP white secondary #2
Gear to 20/39 or 21/41 (1.95 ratio)
Lean the needles 1 slot up on the E-clip
Mains 1 size smaller for sure
Keep an eye on the plugs and piston wash for jetting.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah, tnmemr's setup should work good- I have Madcow's kit in my XLT which is not exactly the same but similar. Main thing is get rid of those soft stock springs- stiffer springs, progressive helix, and gearing down a tooth on the gearing makes a big difference. I also dumped some weight by going to plastic skis and light exhaust silencer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 93 uses a 20/40 gear set, stock single pipe, Stock jetting, 6500 miles never been touched! and a blue primary spring with 10 MH weights and a slp 42/34 Helix with their black spring in hole 2., also using the wider over drive belt and it rocks! Comes out of the hole hard and pulls very hard to 90! Going to throw in a R8 Helix Next and tune it even more!... It tops out at 79-8000... With a edge suspension in the rear even!.. Thinksno set me up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts