Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put on a new clutch for this sled. it was a high perf. comet. cost a bundle!!!
it seems like it is reved out at around 50 mph! I drew a line with a marker going up the clutch plate, too see how high it riding, and it is coming an inch (maybe alittle more) from the top. I thought that the belt is suppose to be riding pretty close to the top. How do i fix this. btw, it has a new belt on it also....... thanks in advanced.. reply reply reply

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
We will require more info. Is the new clutch the same dia. Does it have the same weights as before, does it have the same spring as before. What about RPM does it shift out at a constant rpm similar to the old rpm. With out knowing these answers I guess the weights are lighter. or the spring is heavier.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply hotrod!!!!
the spring is new, but the same.red.
the weights are new. probally different weights? i am not sure. they came with the clutch. i think they are recommended for the sled. The whole clutch is supposed to be for the sled. The only thing is i didn't mess with the secondary. Just smoothed the surface. thanks!!!! keep it up

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi MM Does it over rev. The combination of a new spring and lighter weights if they are lighter would cause your problem. The weights should be marked to tell you if they are the same. Your right, the secondary binding could cause the same sort of symptoms. But since you didnt change any thing there you would think the problem was caused by the changes.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will compare the two weights when it is light out. it midnight here.lol. wouldn't the weights change any way because it is a different clutch?

1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Comet clutchs can use polaris or cat weights. If it is a three tower clutch and the spring is the same then the weights will most likely be near what they were. Did you tell me if it over revs right now. I would like to know what it revs at now and before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts