Snowmobile Fanatics banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,091 Posts
yeah, im not knocking either, anyone willing to contribute to this sport of ours is great in my book, and im not trying to discourage jon, so i hope i wasnt misunterstood,,,,,but i took the hotseat comment as a bash,,,so if i took that wrong,,,i appologize. jon has some great ideas, and i look forward to his posts, lots of info and insight..

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
thanks guys, I wasnt trying to put down anyone. All I wanted to do was let people know there is other choices. He sells erlandson clutch kits, he can look in his book and see what parts they use and compare that to his 30 odd years of sled work. He does have his own buisness. He has 4 world records from the late 80's, now he does general sled work and then helps the next generation of speed runners, grass draggers, ice draggers and trail racers. he also did tech work for nssr.

I put the guestion out there to see what response I would get. So when you by an aftermarket kit you will have a couple questions to ask and pick the people selling you junk from the ones that can help.

maybe in my next few forums i will cover gearing, break down basic clutch parts and what they do. how does that sound
I just like to help and share what gets me down the trail and home again for 7years without a breakdown.

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
everyone of you can make a better kit than you can buy. It probably cost the big aftermarket people an easy $100 per hour in r+d. how much time do you think there going to spend on each individual sled. all you need is a lot of time a note book and some parts. between you and your buddys same brand different size sleds you have all the parts.

· Registered
1,091 Posts
i never thought about it that way....oh and the gearing and stuff like you mentioned i think would be a good idea, there are always sledders here lookin for assistance, post away!!

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.