Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my buddies lost his clutch this morning on the way to school. Halfway to school it just stopped working. His truck is a 90 Chevy Z71 1500 with 5 speed manual. He can press the pedal in but it takes A LOT of effort and once he does the clutch doesn't disengage. So luckily for him he is one of the few I know who can shift without a clutch. Not to say it was easy but he made it to school and up on a curb since stopping and all wasn't the easiest. Sucks for him. Guess he isn't meant to lift it. He put on a body lift and a week later his rear literally exploded, like dented the diff cover. Now this a week before he puts his suspension lift on.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Oof, that's alot of stuff to go wrong so quick. Did they make a Z71 in 1990?? I really don't know, but someone fill me in... Thanks.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
obviously they did :) the guy before him did some wierd stuff to it. He put those intercooler tips on the exhaust. I have no idea what those are for, and he put an electronic tailgate on so you had to use a remote to open it. The rear had like lightweight racing gears in it which like I said just exploded under the kind of my driving my friend put them through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts