Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20101228163942156_18890.jpg

Boy it was stubborn getting it started..

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, it loaded up 2 sets of plugs, and it took pouring gas directly into the plug-holes before it would even fire. Then another set of plugs and another shot of gas into the cylinder to get it running on one side, and another plug and more gas to get it running on both.

And the battery was dead from screwing around with EFI all summer without charging it, so it was all hand pulling that 800 over..

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Heh, it loaded up 2 sets of plugs, and it took pouring gas directly into the plug-holes before it would even fire. Then another set of plugs and another shot of gas into the cylinder to get it running on one side, and another plug and more gas to get it running on both.

And the battery was dead from screwing around with EFI all summer without charging it, so it was all hand pulling that 800 over..
made your shoulder feel tender didn't it lol[:D][thumb]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
baldur said:
Is that FrankenStorm II?
Have you not installed a charging circuit for the battery yet?
No, that's my touring sled..

The charging circuit I built for FrankenStorm was originally putting out 15v, it's now putting out 7.5. One of the diodes apparently blew and I haven't felt like replacing it, I'm just going top buy an assembled rectifier pack.

FrankenStorm will start in 1 to 3 pulls...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
made your shoulder feel tender didn't it lol[:D][thumb]
No, not tender at all.. Wasn't sore at all afterward.

But that thing is a mother f***er to pull over to start with, and adding in oil the compression had to be up over 175 psi, it took both hands. Every few pulls (3 to 5) I'd yank the plugs and clean them, etc.

·
Registered
347 Posts
HEY,let me know if and where you buy your assembled rectifier pack from,as i need to charge a newly installed battery in my sled,as i installed hid lights,and the existing charge circuit can,t keep up with the current draw of the hids...lasts maybe 1 hour max...thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts