Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a cold chin while riding with my motocross style helmet. I wear a thin balaclava underneath, but i still get cold. What could i get that will keep my chin warm, yet still fits these helmets???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I've seen guys wearing these, they seem to be popular with sno-cross helmet guys.

http://www.nofogusa.com/007%20Picture%20with%20050.htm

·
Registered
975 Posts
[:D]Ching! Ching! Wonder how much those little units are 500? I too have seen others wear them and they work quite good.The mask is one unit, the headband is sold seperate $9.95,replacement strap over head is $9.95. The mask itself is only 32.95. They're quite a cool unit and sold in electric as well. I saw one in the Royal book.Here's the link for more info WWW.royaldistributing.com. Mark[8D]

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wear one of these with my motocross helmet: http://denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?PartNo=350777++++++&serverid=nlSnow

When it gets below zero (alot lately) it's still a little chilly at speed, but not too bad...

-Mike

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Royal has them for 39.95...if I read right.
If I wore glasses though, 40 bucks is a cheaper solution than one of those modular helmets at $500.00.
I have never had cold probs since I went electric on my HJC LS-air 3.
A thin belaclava, and neck tube when it's really cold...no cold, no fog.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Just a simple fleece neck-up is all you need. You can wear it down around your neck if its not too cold, or pull it up over your chin and secure your helmet strap under it to secure it there. Works great, and inexpensive!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i'll try finding a mask like you said, i have to be quick....I've got a U.P. michigan snowmobiling trip that starts tomorrow! Woohoo!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm with Tfin70, that's what I where and it works for me even in the -28 degree weather I was just riding in this past weekend

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I got a balaclava with a fleece neck and a thin top at the Artic Cat store, keeps your neck and chin nice and warm and you can pull it up or down as you need it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah I would just try a thicker belaclava. I use that it works great.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just grow out my goatee:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts