Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used "warmth packets" in their boots with any success? Where do they sell them? My right foot always gets real cold, real fast and I thought the packet may help.
Let me know!
Thanks[/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Holy Font Size batman..!

Never used 'em in my boots... but you can get 'em at any camping supply store, or ski shop..

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Don't waste your money, just get some good boots. In my boots, my feet are literally sweating in minutes, no matter what the temp.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tried them once, they didn't work very well, my dad and i both found that they don't stay warm nearly as long as they should. I took a first aid course in the fall and they mentioned that some of the hot packs that are used for first aid can get extremely hot, you could try those, just be carefull cause they can burn you appearantly. Hope that helps

Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have used those while hunting, and they definitely did help me while spending hours not moving (in a tree stand). However, I agree with the previous comment - they can get pretty hot so make sure you have some thick socks between the heat packet and your skin.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
These are very heavy, but as warm a boot as you can get, good socks help too, mine cost me 15 CDN a pair, but never get cold feet.

You can find these at most work wear stores.

http://www.northlandmarine.com/SorelMenGlacier02.html

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Those heat packs work good when your not moving your feet alot. Used to use them for ice fishing. Tried them when riding the old '78 Jag and burned a blister on my big toe. When you feet are moving around alot they tend to buch up in front of your toes. Gotta love those heat exchangers under the running boards! I can now wear the lightest of boots without a problem.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My ex wife used to have to use them. She always had cold feet even with good boots. But as previously stated they can get really hot.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Perhaps you have poor circulation to your feet causing your feet to become so cold. I have always found the icemen boots to be more than adequate. Usually, I have to only wear one pair of socks, if the tempatures are really 'out 'there', I'll add wool socks. With the icemen boots, my feet have never been cold, and that includes a lot of ice fishing time outside. The boots are bit large and thusly somewhat clumsy for sledding, but thats the price you pay.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you use the warmers make sure you buy the ones for boots. They need less oxygen for the RXN (reaction) to produce the heat. If you use the hand warmers in your boots there is not adequate oxygen to produce heat. Consequently do not use the boot warmers in hands to much oxygen and it will produce enough heat to burn flesh.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wear a huge pair of icefishing boots..theyre a little clumsy on the sled but... I wear 1 pr of wool socks . Let me tell you the magic of
heat exchangers under the running boards is a freakin miracle!
I just looked and like pigboy mine are iceman by lacrosse..they are worth th$$$

·
Registered
38 Posts
My feet used to always get cold, then i bought acton boots and never had a problem since. there are many diferent models and qualities, but it is worth it to spend the extra money. I bought mine about three or four years ago and they are perfect yet. I only bought one new set of liners. My ex girlfriend used to use those packs while hunting, but your money would be alot better spent on good quality boots. Just my opinion!!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Bunny Boots...[:D]

How about battery heated socks?
I use them when working outside for work, becuase i can't crawl around with huge clumsy winter boots on. Heated socks work, not hot, but they did get warm.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll second Wigga's motion for Baffin Boots, EH!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to try some of the suggestions. By the way...the boots I currently use are "Baffin" and pigboy hit the nail on the head...I also have partial femoral blockage on right side. I think I'll start with the heated sox.

Thanks again, all!

·
Registered
290 Posts
kimba466 do you remove the liners and plastic inserts everyday after riding and wipe out the sweat, if you don't your feet will get cold in those boots or the boots are to tight. Are they the high priced, upper end boots.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by 500fasEnuf
[br]These are very heavy, but as warm a boot as you can get, good socks help too, mine cost me 15 CDN a pair, but never get cold feet.

You can find these at most work wear stores.

http://www.northlandmarine.com/SorelMenGlacier02.html

That's what I use. I have 2 pairs, one for work, one for sleddin. Nearly everyone I ride sled with uses Sorel Glaciers also. They are wicked-awesome and my feet never get cold.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
the outside of my boots are slightly warm to the touch after i've been riding. Poo's have warm airflow from the motor routed right by your feet :)

Dean

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
In the dennis kirk catalog they sell electric foot heaters $68.99 they must hook up just like the electric shields but there inserts for your boots..check them out

1 - 20 of 23 Posts