Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 97xlt600sp with slp pipes put on 3,500 miles ran great. burnt the piston on the may side, it was burnt on the exuast sibe for the piston.plenty of oil not dry at all, the guys at polaris told me looks like a cold start,did anyone ever here of this.[purple][/purple][purple][/purple][:p]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Did you let it warm up good before you give it a good run,failure to do so can be nasty

·
Registered
837 Posts
fine i will change it, hey smokey think for 2 seconds what could "may" be when we are talking about cyclinders

xlt600sp when did it burn down, while just getting going or while riding?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I agree he probably meant mag-side, but there are so many different people here that everyone calls things by different names!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I've heard of a cold start, but the worst I've ever seen was just blowing a plug. Not 100% (and I'd definitely listen to other members suggestions as well), but I think there's another cause behind this problem. You say "plenty of oil". Was that the plug condition afterwards? Ya never know...at 3500 mi you may've just had a failure. Help at all??[:)]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys some times we make a mistake on are spelling,I did mean mag side.burnt up about 5 miles out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts