Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m going to go for a somewhat long ride on my 91 indy 650 today and havent started it for about a week. It has been very cold lately (about 30-60 below 0) and it is not in a heated garage but in a garage. Anyone know what i should do before going riding to get maximum performance and reliability. Anything i should check/replace. last week i had it going and it bogged a lot so i dont know whats going on but thats why i stored it and someone told me to ride it for a while (because before last week i hadent touched it for about 2 or 3 weeks.) But anything i should do. Thanks.

Oh i forgot to add when i usually start it to warm up it smokes (white smoke) a lot i mean a LOT, and then after riding its fine. Thanks again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
White smoke, huh? That doesn't sound good, maybe it's because of the extreme cold you've got there but it's always been my experience that white smoke was actually steam from a blown head gasket. Are you losing coolant?
That's pretty cold to be riding, test your coolant level to make sure you're protected to the temperatures you're riding in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts