Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got my ZRT to start today at -18 below (those triples are stiff in the cold) and went for a little whip. Started me thinking about how cold is too cold to be out riding?

·
Registered
284 Posts
We rode all day today in about -7. I love it! The sleds always run great when it's this cold!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
-26f last year during the derby in eagle river.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
coldest ive ever gone out, that i can remember was about -30C, without a windchill
-not too sure what that is in F

edit.
if anyone from wpg was riding today their tougher than i would ever be (lol). the weather channel says its -34C with windchill -46C.
id defenitly debate which is more important at that temp. sledding or getting frost bite

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Tonight, and today, I was riding in -40 to -50 windchill. This doesn't include going 60 mph into the wind on my sled.

Heres a picture of me this morning:

[attachment=59054]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I've seen -26F leaving the Knotted Pine out of Isabella mid morning and -36F at the end of that same ride that night.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
-30 and then my sled leaned out and went byby

·
Registered
901 Posts
-75 with the windchill to days in a row last year during the night, rode both nights from 7pm-3am and wasnt cold. we were doing a bunch of lake runs averaging 80mph and had the speedo over 110mph twice. had the huge windshield on and just ducked behind it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
XCR Hyper Triple and I went out a few years ago in -36C. With the windchill it was -47C. Thats when we were a a few years younger, and a few years dumber. LOL! Now, not a chance. It's way too cold in southern Manitoba tonight. -39C at last count. BURRRRR....

Raceman1

·
Registered
325 Posts
I went out riding in -41 c without the windchill that was couple years ago but i didn't stay out very long couldnt keep my hands warm.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
-45*C with the windchill (sat) the coldest -52*C windchill (last year)

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Last year I was out when it was about -10*F, I don't remember what the windchill was but I do remember that the best way to warm up was for someone to get stuck lol[;)]

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was out in -20 F last year a couple of times. I went about 40 miles yesterday with the temp -2.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Two years ago in Two Harbors, MN about -25 F with a windchill about -40 F. Heated Grips and no exposed skin, I was fine. About 20 miles out I noticed my son was riding with his visor up cause it was fogging. So we headed back. His face was cold but not frostbit.

·
Registered
764 Posts
its like -3 in NW Ohio right now, with a windchill of -20 or something, most local schools didnt even have school this morning because of it, I'd love to be riding in it, but the wind blew all the snow away :(

·
Registered
690 Posts
right now its currently like -21 F with the windchill and i wouldnt even think of going riding, the coldest i will ride in is about -5 and the coldest i have ridden in is 0

1 - 20 of 48 Posts