Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my computer and stuff put it and everything i went riding today and my freekin snowmobile blew up i switched to mixing the gas because my injector was messed up and it blew up i was mixing it 32:1 i cant believe this

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well it was running fine i checked my plugs earlier to see how accurate my mix was and the plugs were a nice brown then the engine just started bogging down then locked up

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ohh thats tough luck.........I feel for ya thats forsure. Nothing much worse than when the engine caves in[V]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
your plugs are not an accurate tell tale of the oil gas mixture. just air fuel. and this really aint even a good way to read a motor.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it pulls over now with zero compression so could the jugs be f'd it pulls over really really easy with no screeches or nothing so im guessing just the pistons but never know until its apart.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but still what does this sound like to u

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Could just be the rings. But if it was the rings then your jugs will need to be honed or replaced. Get it apart and show us some pics. And what kind of oil were you mixing? Does it say mixable or premix or whatever on the bottle or just injector oil? Just popping the head off you'll beable to know what took a ****.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im not even gunna go through the motor im just gunna bring it to the shop but i was using yamalube i think injector oil but i mix that in my dirtbike all the time

·
Registered
97 Posts
computer and stuff???what kinda stuff??sounds like a can of worms..do not open..lol

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by bigwedgies
[br]your plugs are not an accurate tell tale of the oil gas mixture. just air fuel. and this really aint even a good way to read a motor.
And what do u think is the best way to read an engine??? Piston wash? EGT gauges? other ideas...?

·
Registered
685 Posts
IMO---Plugs along with Piston Wash is a good way to read how the motor is doing. Those EGT guages can be off quite a bit with not having the sensor at JUST the right place. my 2cents

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o well somethings f'd so im just bringing it to the shop

·
Registered
510 Posts
you never jetted up when you mixed the oil did you. oil in the fuel means less fuel per unit volume of mix meaning you leaned it out and it seized.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally posted by daman
[br]Could be a hole in the piston.

Thats what I thought for a breif second but if there was a blow hole then one cylinder would have compression while the other wouldn't. Unless both have blow holes but how likely is that? Man just pop the head off the motor (all you need is ratchet, and later on when you rebuild it a gasket kit) and snap a pic down the jugs or something. Its really simple....and if you don't atleast let me know what it is because I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
My guess is new rings needed and a cylinder honing or replacement.

Why were you mixing 32:1? I thought sleds were 50:1.

And what was wrong with your injection unit that made you want to premix every time you got gas?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well first off when i said zero compression i meant it was really really easy to pull i was exagerating cuz i was pissed and my guess is my injector is gunked or something because it smoked like a b and oil poured out of the silencer sometimes

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that was the reason i plugged off the injector...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts